Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Remind101 Texting for Teachers

So a teacher friend posted about Remind101 and we have been having a good discussion on the "Teacher Talk Washington" Facebook page about the merits of using this mode of communication with students and/or parents.  It is an interesting idea and could be a really effective for reminding about events, assignments, etc.

Here is how Remind101 is described, "a safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents".  They also say that in some classrooms student participation has increased 50% by utilizing texting.

It is something that I am thinking could be helpful in communicating with parents in my classroom and I may try this school year.  If I do I will report back on how well it worked for me!  If you already use Remind101 please let me know what you think of it.  I am so curious!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment