Sunday, August 25, 2013

Planning: Creating a Curriculum Calendar/Map

So, this was my big project this summer to help me get my footing just a little bit into what first grade is really going to entail this school year.  I worked with some of my colleagues from my previous school to piece together what reading, writing and phonics instruction would look like in a first grade classroom when focusing on the school year as a whole.  We took into consideration CCSS, Benchmark Reading, Benchmark Writing and Lucy Calkins materials in order to comprehensively meet all of the rigorous learning expectations.  I then took what we had done together with literacy and added in math, science, social studies, assessments and even what positive behavior qualities I also wanted to be sure to focus on throughout the year with my students.  Linked is the (DRAFT) end product of that work.  Very helpful for me to know I can fit this all into a year!

Again, I have linked my "finished" product as well as a blank template if other would like to try this themselves.

2013-2014 Curriculum Map/Calendar

Curriculum Map/Calendar Template

No comments:

Post a Comment