Sunday, December 30, 2018

Investigative Protocols

When investigating a moderate or significant behavior concern that may warrant more in-depth action, it is important to have a clear protocol that all staff involved in the investigation follow.  This ensures that all are on the same page and if questions arise about the integrity of the investigation it provides clear and consistent information on investigative measures.  Below I would like to share two resources I developed (with input from some fabulous colleagues!) that I have found particularly useful when delving into investigations.  First, a investigation protocol checklist that I used with my Dean of Students a couple of years ago to help us ensure we were approaching investigations similarly.  Second, a investigation and interview template that I use with any investigation that I do.  I keep a stack in my office and use these often when interviewing potential aggressors, witnesses, or victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment