Saturday, January 5, 2019

SEL and Restorative/Holistic Discipline Notebook

So this is my prize possession as an administrator and something I wish I had spent the time to compile as a teacher-- my SEL/Restorative Discipline Notebook.  Using the CASEL framework as a starting point I have taken an assortment of resources and put them into color-coded sections to be able to utilize in the moment when working with students around prosocial behaviors or restorative practices.  Below is a brief explanation of what I keep in my binder to give you an idea of what works well for me.  I am a big believer in 'making it your own' so this is really intended to give you a starting place to inspire you to create something fantastic that aligns with your school's SEL/PBIS work and is supportive of your students.

Binder Sections:

  • Copies of Investigation Note Taking and Investigative Protocol 
  • Pink Tabs (Unrelated to CASEL): Community Resources, Apology Note Templates, Think Sheet Templates, School PBIS Expectation Lessons, and Community Service Menu copies.
  • Orange Tabs (color-coded to correspond to CASEL): Self-Awareness Resources and Lessons, Self-Management Resources and Lessons 
  • Green Tabs (color-coded to correspond to CASEL): Social Awareness Resources and Lessons, Relationship Skills Resources and Lessons
  • Yellow Tabs (color-coded to correspond to CASEL): Responsible Decision-Making Resources and Lessons
Some of the Resources I Used to Compile the Binder Content:
  • School PBIS Lessons and Materials
  • Kelso's and KC's Choice Wheel Materials
  • Second Step (District Adopted Curriculum) Materials
  • Kids Health Online Articles
  • "What To Do When..." Series by Dawn Heubner
  • Don't Suspend Me! An Alternative Discipline Toolkit by J. Hannigan




No comments:

Post a Comment